Tuesday, January 29, 2013
If there are lots of options for being a sponsor of this fun activity for a group that's well over 800 strong. I've stolen, er, copied by permission, the sponsorship details below. If you have any questions or would like to get something else, contact any of the current SLSA Directors: Xander Datura (Sponsor liason), Sally Lasalle, willowwynn, iLaurenb or Cierra Theriac.
The following details were provided by Xander Datura (I'll be darned if I'm gonna type all of this):
SPONSOR THE SLSA's 2013 Surf Season 1!!!
New waves, New Venues, New Members.
1. SLSA Sponsor New Additional Benefit
2. SLSA Booster Program, for Individual and Team Sponsors.
3. SLSA Sponsorship Levels
3.1 “TITLE” Sponsorship
3.2 GOLD Sponsors
3.3 SILVER Sponsors
3.4 BRONZE Sponsors
4. Contact information
1. SLSA Sponsor New Additional Benefit
This Season SLSA Sponsors will receive a new benefit for their continued and generous support that allows us to keep running fun and successful competitions.
The SLSA is pleased to announce that SLSA Sponsors will now be able to direct-market to the entire (1100 plus) SLSA group a number of times per month, based on their level of sponsorship as follows.
* Gold Sponsors twice per month
* Silver Sponsors once per month
* Bronze Sponsors once every 2 months
Messages will be submitted to the Sponsor Manager, who will then send them to the group using the SLSA's Postmaster Messaging Gadget. Messages can include a notecard, landmark, object, texture or any combination of these. The Postmaster system sends messages when people are online to ensure delivery, and each Sponsor Message will be queued for 24 hours, to target members coming on line, after 24 hours, the remaining unsent messages will be sent as offline messages.
Because the messages will be sent via the SLSA Sponsor Messaging system, members may choose to opt out of receiving messages; however, we would encourage all members to take the time to support our generous sponsors.
Messages will also be posted to the SLSA Facebook page and tweeted through the two SLSA Twitter Channels.
2. SLSA Booster Program
In addition to our existing commercial sponsorship levels, Individuals and Teams are able to sponsor the SLSA season, with the new “SLSA Booster” program. The revenue from his stream of will be pooled, divided and donated evenly to the 5 surf venues that so generously, provide a place for all of us to enjoy surfing competition at their expense.
The INDIVIDUAL SLSA Booster Program will have 3 levels of Individual sponsorship
* Diamond 6000L per season, Diamond Dog tag necklace, Name on Diamond Rotating Sponsor Panel on the Sim and on the Competition Stands
* Ruby 3000L per season, Ruby Dog tag necklace, Name on Ruby Rotating Sponsor Panel on the Sim and on the Competition Stands
* Emerald 1000L per season, Emerald Dog tag necklace, Name on Emerald Rotating Sponsor Panel on the Sim and on the Competition Stands
Individuals will also receive a special recognition Tag in the SLSA Group.
Team Boosters are for SURF TEAMS they will be set at 5000L per Season and will have the Team Flag fly over the Spectators stands for the season. A plaque of recognition will also be given for display in the team's Clubhouse.
3. SLSA Sponsorship Levels
For the purposes of this document an event is one day of competition while a series is the two days of competition at the same sim (usually 2 Saturdays in a row within one month), and a season is all 5 series’ (5 months in a row.)
* It should be noted, that the number of competitions per series may be 1 or 2 depending on the number of competitors that register for the series. The first event in a series contingent upon more than 30 surfer registrations is known as the Open Competition. The second event in a series, which runs irrespective of registration numbers, is known as the Pro competition
3.1 “TITLE” Sponsorship (Offered to Host Sims first)
• Logo/name/Branding on rash guards (back)
• 3 1024×512 ratio banners placed throughout the event with ability to give out as many freebies or other objects, notes and Landmarks as you want per touch
• 6 x Additional double-sided square banners with shared 35 second rotation with other Gold level sponsors
• 3 Announcements from the DJ during the first event
• 4 Announcements from the DJ during the second event
• Placement of branding on the SLSA website as a clickable SLURL (www.surfslsa.org)
• Placement of branding on trophies for the event,
• 2 Messages for the month (with attachments) Direct marketed to the 1100+ member group
Price for 1 season series = (2 competitions*): 5000 L
3.2 GOLD Sponsors:
• 1 large square banner on the presentation deck which can give 1 Landmark, 1 Note card and 1 Object (freebie box) per touch. (Presentation deck gets most photo exposure),
• 6 additional large square double-sided banners providing rotating exposure of your brand shared by other gold sponsors in 35 second rotations,
• 2 Announcements from the DJ during the first event,
• 3 Announcements from the DJ during the second event,
• Placement of branding in the SLSA website Sponsor Page as a clickable URL or SLURL (www.surfslsa.org)
• Gold level season event sponsors will additionally get front page web site and rotating surfslsa.org forum exposure
• 2 Messages for each month (with attachments) Direct marketed to the 1100+ member group
Currently available options:
3500 L per series (2 competitions* each series)
14000 L for all 5 series of the season (20% off)
11900 L for 4 series of the season (15% off)
9450 L for 3 series of the season (10% off)
6650 L for 2 series of the season (5% off)
3.3 SILVER Sponsors:
• 1 fixed medium banner placed on the mid-level seating deck which can give 1 Landmark and 1 Note Card per touch,
• 6 additional medium square banners providing rotating exposure of your brand shared by other silver sponsors in 45 second rotations,
• 1 Announcements from DJ during the first event,
• 2 Announcements from DJ during the second event,
• Placement of branding in the SLSA website sponsor page as a clickable URL or SLURL (www.surfslsa.org)
• 1 Message for each month (with attachments) Direct marketed to the 1100+ member group
Currently available options:
1800 L per series
7200 L for all 5 series of the season (20% off)
6120 L for 4 series of the season (15% off)
4860 L for 3 series of the season (10% off)
3420 L for 2 series of the season (5% off)
3.4 BRONZE Sponsors:
• 1 fixed small Banner on the lower seating deck which can give 1 Landmark on click,
• 6 additional small square banners providing rotating exposure of your brand shared by other bronze sponsors in 60 second rotations,
• 1 Announcement from the DJ during the first event,
• 1 Announcement from the DJ during the second event,
• 1 Message every 2nd month (with attachments) Direct Marketed to the 1100+ member group
Placement of branding in the SLSA website Sponsor Page as a clickable URL or SLURL (www.surfslsa.org)
Currently available options:
900 L per series
3600 L for all 5 series of the season (20% off)
3060 L for 4 series of the season (15% off)
2430 L for 3 series of the season (10% off)
1710 L for 2 series of the season (5% off)
For Sponsorships covering more than one series you can pay:
- The full amount up front
- Half before the 1st series of your sponsorship and half before the 2nd.
DJ Announcements must be written by the sponsor and submitted to the Event Coordinator for approval by the Wednesday prior to the event at noon. They should be approximately 30 seconds in length when read aloud, but not longer.
We also require a 512×512 texture for the Banner placement ads (and a 1024×512 texture for the title sponsor). The textures and all other sponsor items must have full perms in order to be placed on site or in the spectator stands givers.
4. CONTACT INFORMATION
In case of any questions, requests or orders please don't hesitate to contact an SLSA Director or sponsor liason; Xander Datura (Sponsor liason), Sally Lasalle, willowwynn, iLaurenb or Cierra Theriac. THANKS
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Group Notice From: SL Surfing Association, WillowWynn
Calling all judges who want to be head judges!
This Sunday at Noon, SLT Sally LaSalle is going to host a Head Judge class for all qualifying judges. To qualify you have to have gone through judge training and have judged at least 2-3 comps. The larger of a pool of judges we have to work with for scheduling the smoother and more fun the comps will be for all.
So please attend.
We all thank you! :)
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Well… kinda sorta… If you've seen Revy, you know she's about to pop with another SurferKind, but that's now what this news is about. This is about Preggy Revy giving birth to a new surfboard in Second Life.
Revy has come out with a kit for a DIY SL™ surfboard. For those of you who don't know Revy, I'm talk'n about Revy Lunasea (Revlon Benoir). She's the smarter and prettier half of the Revy & Mick Lunasea couple.
Revy's idea with this project is to create a learning tool to help the SL™ community have something to help them understand a bit about the internals of how a surfboard works. It's designed to work with most of the surf-able waves in Second Life and use the normal WASD and Arrow Keys for interacting with the riding scripts. The DIY board doesn't have all of the trick and other animation features of some of the commercial boards, but it does have the basics for sitting, paddling, standing, and turning in and out. However, since this is an open DIY board, tricks and other things can be added (if you've got a lot more scripting talent than this writer). While this isn't an SL™ Surfing Association sanctioned board, it can be a free way to learn more about surfing and end up with a surf-able board you've customized.
These boards will be available at Surfcrazy and Pray 4 Surf shops on Bratta Beach and at Surfcrazy Tsunami and Pray 4 Surf Tsunami on Freeport Beach.
To help with figuring out how to use and modify the board, Revy has posted complete instructions on her Revy's World website.
If a Do It Yourself thing isn't your thing, Revy will be coming out with a more enhanced commercial version of this board that is planned to include things like Mocap surfing animations, tricks, mesh decks, and configuration menus. Keep an eye out at the Surfcrazy and Pray 4 Surf shops for availability soon.
Friday, January 4, 2013
I ran across this and thought it might be kind of interesting. The Centre for Business Development is doing a survey of SL™ residents from both a consumer and a business operator perspective. While I'm personally a cheapskate in SL™ and RL, I'm not immune to the old shopping bug.
According to the SL Business Review, "The Centre for Business Development, in its first official initiative composed a survey to get a sense of some feelings and perspectives from the SL community and virtual business owners." The Centre says they're, "a collaborative of business people in SL dedicated to growing and improving SL to benefit residents, businesses and Linden Labs."
There are no specific personal questions about SL™ or RL asked in the survey (unless you consider sex personal... hmmm). If you're concerned about them farming your location from your IP address, use a proxy server or something while taking the survey.
Who knows if this will help any of us out, but I'm going to keep tabs on it and see what they have to say once the survey results are analyzed. Hopefully it will be more insightful than the recently published study, "Virtually Naked: Virtual Environment Reveals Sex-Dependent Nature of Skin" by Anna M. Lomanowska, Matthieu J. Guitton. I mean, after extensive data collection and analysis, it was determined women in SL™ show more skin than men? Really? Have you seen the new resizable mesh breasts? Ahh... that's another story.
Actually, it is a pretty interesting read.
Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for anything I say or report, let alone any risk associated with going to other web sites such as the above nor use of any proxy server.
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Girls on Film will be hosting SLavE Girls DJ Band for a 2013 New Year Ball today at 1PM PST at the club on Second Life's historic Chi, home of the SL™ Surfing Association's surfing competition.
As Tanya says, "Come join the party at Girls on Film. You know you want to."
Step in the limo and come on up.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Today, on behalf of the SL Surfing Association, Cierra Theriac posted the following:
Have you always wanted to host a SLSA competition? Have you hosted before and can't wait to host again? The time has come to submit your sim for consideration for 2013 Season 1. The first event is set for February 16th and the season will conclude on June 29th.
To submit your sim go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HQ82PD2 to fill out the questionnaire. All applications need to be submitted by midnight SLT, January 18, 2013.
We can't wait to receive your application. Don't delay, get it in today!